International Forestry and Global Issues
From September 25th to 29th, 2017
AgroParisTech, downtown Nancy, France
There are many important global challenges and international political developments influencing the future of forests and forest management. Important examples are the political will to enhance Bio-Economy in Europe, the Convention on Biological Diversity, international initiatives to reduce deforestation, Risks of Climate Change and related negotiations around carbon emissions and sinks, and many other international and national regulations and programs. The training course will address these challenges with the objective to provide an up to date overview and background information about their impact on forests, forestry and forest policy. The course will include lectures, a field day, interactive discussions, and group work.
- Prof. Dr. Erwin Dreyer, President of INRA Grand-Est Nancy Center
- Prof. Dr. Meriem Fournier, Director of AgroParisTech, Nancy Center
- Dr. Carol Grossmann (Forest Research Institute of Baden Wuerttemberg (FVA), Freiburg, Germany)
- Sarah-Louise Filleux (Communication office - INRA, Nancy, France) Communication officer & Webmester
- Pablo Andrés-Domenech (Laboratory of Forestry Economy (LEF), AgroParisTech – INRA, Nancy, France) Local Support
Participants: limited to 30 participants
Lecturers: Professors and senior scientists from AgroParisTech, INRA; University of Freiburg, University of Helsinki, the Forest Research Institute of Baden-Wuerttemberg FVA, cooperating with the European Forest Institute (EFI).
Registration: The course is fully booked - registration is closed